About Me

My photo
It Works! Independent Distributor. Daughter, Wife and Mother. Wishing for the best for my family, ALWAYS!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Procrastination...

Why procrastinate?  If something needs done, just do it!  I find that my husband and I disagree the most because in his words, "I nag."  But if he would not procrastinate things for days, weeks and months upon end, then my asking for things to be completed would not not feel like nagging.  


The truth is that in a family everyone needs to carry their fair share of the weight.  They have their responsibilities that they must uphold.  Why must it be a daily battle of who is going to do what?  And why, oh why, must people push things to the next day and get upset when the time has arrived and it is time to complete them? 


A woman, I believe, is the center of the home.  We are not the slaves.  We are not made to be the housekeepers, especially when we work just as hard outside the home as the man.  The household chores need to be easily divided or almost divided among the parents.  As children get older, they then get household responsibilities as well.  


I am feeling that most of the "home duties" are put on me, and this is just expected.  Not a fair outlook.  Procrastinating so that someone else will complete your "chore" is not acceptable nor shined upon.  Once we become adults, our eyes must open and see that we are the ones that make our household what it is.  



No comments:

Post a Comment