About Me

My photo
It Works! Independent Distributor. Daughter, Wife and Mother. Wishing for the best for my family, ALWAYS!

Friday, July 1, 2011

Step-Mom as a Friend on Facebook?

So my step-son recently joined Facebook.  He is in High School. I friend requested him and he accepted and he added me as a friend.  But did he really want to? Or was it more obligation for the mere fact that I purchased the cell phone that gives him the Facebook access?


Allowing me to be his friend gives me incite to what he is doing, who is is friends with, etc.  That is not why I friend requested him, that is just a plus.  I did it to try to build our relationship.  However, he does not respond to my posts and ignores that I am there.


So, do I remove myself and make a point?  Or stay on and make a point?  Teenagers are difficult creatures that truly, I wish could hop into my shoes for a day.  Just to see that we, as parents, are here to help and guide rather than rule and destroy! LOL


So for today, I am his "friend."  As for tomorrow, we shall see.  

No comments:

Post a Comment