About Me

My photo
It Works! Independent Distributor. Daughter, Wife and Mother. Wishing for the best for my family, ALWAYS!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Can I Get My Foot In the Door?

I remember years ago watching a Chris Rock Comedy Special. One of my favorite lines he referenced was, "Let me get my other foot in the ... door." Now he was not referencing children, he was talking about relationships when he made the comment, however I think back to his comment each day!


I get home, walk in the door and before I can even turn around to close the door I hear," Mom, can I..." Here I am, purse, lunch box, bags,etc. in hand. The dog is jumping on me as the air conditioning is escaping the home. I am expected at that exact moment to what Get a drink, a snack, put on a show, goback out side for them to ride their bikes, etc. Can I please breathe? Can I have a moment to slow my mind from the day I have just had and process the fact that I am now home? Can I sit for just one moment? Or better yet, can I set my stuff down?


I am amazed by the amount of energy that my children have. I drink coffee to try to grasp a small amount of it. And I am thankful that they are able to have that energy. I just wish the energy could be put on pause for 5 minutes after work for me to be able to gather my thoughts.









No comments:

Post a Comment